Advert

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

‘On the beat is Davido’


Davido


Born David Adeleke in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, he was brought up in Lagos, Nigeria. Davido has been into music production since the tender age of 13 while in high school as a member of a trifling music group called KB International. Following a few self taught lessons in various studios, the engineering student began to discover the rock bottom of music. “I went to a music studio and I got fascinated with what I saw the producer doing, so I kept going back to the studio. I was so young then amongst the people who usually came around. I was even referred to as the studio rat, because I did asked lot of questions. So when I felt it was time for me to create my own setup, I used the money I was saving to establish my own production outfit.”
Maintaining his eyes determinedly on the ball, Davido began lending his talents to many up and coming artists based in Nigeria including Dammy Krane, NPZ and more, truly defining the Afro pop and Afro beats sound.
His rise to prominence in the music industry came with the hit track that was a promo titled ‘Back When’ in which he featured Hip Hop act Naeto C. In the first week of release, the song had massive airplay across both Radio and Television stations and had lots of downloads in the Internet. “The aim of the song was to motivate people who have had trials in life to celebrate and be merry.”
On social network, Twitter, Davido was trending for almost a week with his latest single ‘Dami Duro’ which was dropped a few weeks back. The song has been playing and still currently gaining replays in clubs, radio and television stations. I also gathered that pretty soon the artiste would be releasing a remix to the track ‘Back When’ and a video for ‘Dami Duro’ on December 16.
Davido
Davido has been closely nurtured by the likes of D’banj, Wande Coal and Don Jazzy, as well as been hyped by new superstars Wizkid and Ice Prince to be a music genius who has great expectations for the future.
Opening up to me, Davido put in plain words that he has a celeb crush on Nadia Buari. “She’s a cool lady who knows what she wants and I desire that. I’m her number one fan and I won’t mind if she’s mine”.
More than just a charisma on a beat, the young man has executed the skill that has enabled him to do collaborations with Nigerian music household names, Naeto C, Sauce Kid, Tiwa Savage, Shank, Mo’Cheddah, Lynxxx and UK act Dotstar. The multi-talented triple threat; singer, songwriter and producer has performed at major shows from ‘Music Meets Runway’, The P-Square Invasion Concert to The Koko Concert in London. He is currently signed to HKN Music alongside B Red and Shina Rambo.
Davido had an advice for upcoming artists who want to make it to put God first in anything. “Don’t try to copy any one else just do your own style and if it works for you fine but if it doesn’t, go back to school and read your book.
 Here's also a documentary on Davido




No comments:

Post a Comment